Responding to Coronavirus
Gabriel Network is working and praying to protect our clients, volunteers, and staff during the outbreak of the coronavirus while continuing to provide critical services to mothers and children in need. We will update these policies and recommendations as we learn more over the coming days and weeks. Please refer back to this page regularly for the most up-to-date policies.
Pandemic-friendly ways to serve GN Client Moms and Families
- Call/text Clients to offer support & encouragement
- Send Postcards / handwritten notes
- Deliver boxes of baby items to doorsteps (and add a card if you’d like!)
- Pick up donated items from our Crofton office to share with Clients (our office remains open to Clients and Angel Friend Coordinators)
- Share relevant parish/community resources with Clients (ie. pop-up food pantry, online prayer groups, financial scholarships)
Angel Friend and Volunteer Guidelines – Updated 3.17.21
These guidelines are in place for all Coordinators, Angel Friends, and Volunteers to keep themselves and our clients safe during this time. Coordinators and Angel Friends should stay up to date and follow your parish or church guidelines. If there is a conflict in our guidelines and your church’s, please follow whichever guidelines are more protective of you, your Team, and those we serve. Please read these carefully and contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
- Be aware of and follow your church’s and local government’s guidelines.
- Wear a mask during meetings with mothers and any indoor team meetings.
- Wash your hands often for 20 seconds with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available. Hands must be washed:
- Before and after meeting with a mother;
- Before and after interacting with children;
- After using the bathroom;
- After coughing or sneezing;
- After you have been in a public place.
- If you or a member of your household are sick, stay home. Do not meet with a mother or other volunteer in person until you are symptom-free for at least one week.
- If you are over 65 or in an at-risk health group and have not been vaccinated, we recommend that you do not have in-person meetings.
- Practice respiratory etiquette. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Throw away the tissue after use. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve. Wash your hands afterwards.
- Be open to providing remote assistance. Angel Friends may meet with and serve mothers in person if your church’s guidelines allow. Be open to remote meetings if in-person is not allowed or the mother you are working with is uncomfortable with meeting in person.
COVID-19 Resource Guide – Updated July 27th
Please see our Resource Guide for Coping with COVID-19. This includes information and recommendations covering:
- Updated employment opportunities
- Nutrition: free meals and pantry items
- Finances: WIC, TANF, unemployment, TCA, and more
- Social Services
- Spiritual Resources
- Exercise, and much more!
Angel Friend Conference Call Recording
Stephen Wallace and Lindsey Fedyk held a call on March 16th with Coordinators and Angel Friends to discuss our spiritual approach to crisis, coronavirus policies, how to continue to serve clients remotely, and anticipating new client needs.
Continuing Office Support
We are here for you! Gabriel Network will continue to provide support to our Coordinators and Angel Friends without interruption. Please contact us with any questions you may have.